PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION NOTICE
(Issued in accordance with Section 5 (a) (i) and 18 of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPI) and Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 IGDPR)
The Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act requires us to inform you how we process and disclose personal information we obtain from you.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will ensure that your personal information is used appropriately, transparently and according to applicable law.
‘Personal information’ is information which relates to an identified or identifiable natural person or a juristic person, by means of an identifying factor and subject to the applicable data protection laws. The personal information we collect, and process may differ depending on our purpose of collecting and processing your personal information.
What information we collect:
IdoLife collects personally identifiable information, such as your identity number, email address, name and surname, home or work address or telephone number. IdoLife also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your region, postal code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites. This is in order to process any contractual obligations that form part of the services we render, and to provide you with access to our services and benefits through our preferred providers.
We collect personal information directly from you, when you apply for services through IdoLife, or for the benefits we offer.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by IdoLife. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web addresses. This information is used by IdoLife for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service and to provide general statistics regarding use of IdoLife’s electronic media.
Please be advised that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through IdoLife’s public domain, this information may be collected and used by others.
IdoLife encourages you to review the privacy statements relating to the use of our electronic media you choose to link to, so that you can understand how those media and websites collect, use and share your information. IdoLife is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of IdoLife’ website, and IdoLife’ partner websites.
How we use your information:
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed to with you. This may include:
- Processing your information in respect of services offered by IdoLife;
- Processing of fee payments to IdoLife;
- Conducting credit reference searches or verification;
- Confirming and verifying your identity or for security purposes;
- Debt tracing or debt recovery;
- Conducting market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical purposes;
- Auditing and record keeping requirements;
- Providing our services to you, to carry out the services you requested and to maintain and constantly improve our relationship with you;
- Providing you with communications in respect of IdoLife and matters that may affect you;
- In connection with and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to us, or when it is otherwise allowed by law.
Disclosure of your information:
We may disclose your personal information to our preferred service providers whose services or products you elect to use. We may also share your personal information with, and obtain information about you from third parties for this purpose. When we share information in this way, we put in place appropriate measures to make sure that our service providers keep your personal information secure.
We may also disclose your information where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of applicable legislation, the law or industry codes or where it may be necessary to protect our rights.
Safeguarding your information:
The POPI Act requires us to adequately protect the personal information we hold and to avoid unauthorised access and use of your personal information. We will continuously review our security controls and processes to ensure that your personal information is secure.
If we need to transfer your personal information to another country for processing or storage, we will ensure that any party to whom we pass on your personal information, is subject to the same level of protection of personal information as required from us.
Your rights to access and correction of your personal information:
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information or making changes to your personal information.
Your information rights:
- Right to access information: You have the right to request confirmation (and copies) of the personal information we store about you.
- Right to request correction or deletion of personal information: You can request the correction, updating or deletion of your personal information held by us (where permissible by law). Please communicate any such requests in writing to the information officer.
- Right to object the processing of personal information: Unless we are required to process information on a legal basis, you may reject to us processing your information. Please communicate any such objection in writing to the information officer.
- Right to request that we share your personal information: You may request that we share your personal information with third parties in a readable, commonly used format.
- Right to unsubscribe from direct marketing: You have a right to unsubscribe from marketing and news emails you may receive from us.
- Right to withdraw consent to share your information.
- Right to lodge a complaint to the information regulator: If you feel we have interfered with your right to protection of personal information, you have the right to lodge a complaint in the prescribed manner to the Information Regulator. (Tel: 010 023 5207 email: email@example.com).
How to contact us:
You can contact us at the numbers or addresses listed below and request the information you would like:
- Information Officer: Wandi van Renen
- Telephone number: 083 275 4596
- Address: 1 Honeybush, Welgevonden Estate, Stellenbosch
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: idolife.co.za
Please note that a request for information may be subject to payment of a predetermined amount.
Changes to this Notice
Please note that we may amend this Notice from time to time. Please check with us or on our website periodically to inform yourself of any changes.